View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3240216)   #17
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Formula 1 has lost nearly 1/6th of their global viewing audience since 2008 despite being heavily inflated by a joke formula.

Out of Europe Markets that have traditionally been strong for the series such as Canada and Japan are seeing record low viewing figures and attendances.

Television audiences in key markets that have traditionally been weak such as China, Russia, and U.S. starting this year have fallen by large percentiles.

3 Confirmed manufacturers, typical rumours from F1 media and sound bites from manufacturers like Honda but nothing yet even close to being confirmed.

Rising ticket prices

Team financial instability (Marussia looks to be the latest having problems)

Sponsorship for teams at nearly record lows in the past 20 years

Moving to Pay TV across Europe.
True, and seriously... 6 cylinder F1 cars are so pathetic IMO, that it mimics Indycar, minus the spec aero parts. But I imagine that what if NASCAR suddenly ditches their V8s for turbo V6 engines.

As for the future of motorsport at large, I have a gut feeling that in 100 years, all of forms of motorsport would merge into a giant racing series, let's say it would become the next Can-Am, running in Le Mans, Monaco, or Daytona in the future.

For now, I'm worried about Audi's (or the VW group thanks to Porsche) dominance in Le Mans. Without any competition, I think the 24 Hours would be a boring parade for the group.