View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2014, 12:55 (Ref:3349658)   #38
F1 lobby
Rookie

Netherlands
F1 lobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedingTortoise View Post
Another question is how long the elevation is going to be on the track. It needs to be long enough to make the gradient flat enough to prevent the cars from taking off but I don't know how long that is. Is the elevation going to be long enough that it goes into the corners? I would only have 2 points of elevation and those would be the two furthest to the right. I'm not trying to scare you into not wanting this but what I'm saying is that this is something that we should think about carefully.
I calculated the gradient of those 5 meter high bumps/hills, with a 10%, 5,71 degrees we need 50 meter upwards, 50 meter horizontal upper level, and 50 meter downwards into the corner, for T7, T8, T10, and T12.

For the first hill before T5 we need a lower gradient because the approach is high speed so in order not to take off a 5%, 2,35 degrees is save.
That's 100 meter up, 50 meter horizontal upper level, and 100 meter downwards into the corner.

I just made some simple sketches but the tops of the hills need to be flowing, flattened out ofcourse. Did you try out something in Sketch-up about the gradients already?