Thread: An Age Question
View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3812482)   #43
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ronnie. Got to be Ronnie. Lotus 72, Tyrell P34, Lotus 78/9, BMW saloon car. Pure gold.

And that dates me. It was watching Ronnie on the BBC news that introduced me to F1. I'd grown up with it of course, being from a petrol head family, but 1973 brought it to my consciousness. I remember the item about his first ever win (at last!) at the French GP like it was yesterday, and the shot they showed of the Lotus 72 really inspired me.

And now the main 10/10 Forum I inhabit is Historic Racing Today, where the same cars are cropping up. Ah the privilege of getting old I suppose.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
PAH! Lotus 72! Not a patch on a 250F, or F500, P156. True beauties.