Thread: Driver Brendon Hartley in F1
View Single Post
Old 14 Oct 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3774221)   #8
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always liked Hartley but in doing so freely acknowledge that whilst quick his head is often all over the place. Mistakes, losing pace mid stint etc. I think that shows why he has struggled in series as a young spud.

I think in Hartley you had a driver that had pace to burn but whose wasn't mature as other young drivers who excel when young. I think the few years in sportscars (where he has made plenty of mistakes) has been great for him and he is now a far more complete driver.

He isnt getting his F1 debut on merit but I am glad he is. And I doubt he would have done any better any earlier in his career so hopefully he gets agood result today in Japan and rocks up to COTA and shows maturity, pace and consistency...as I would love to see him raise eye brows and take Kyvats seat next year as Kyvat is off with the fairies and liek Hartley many years ago needs time away to get his head straight (IMO)