View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3782476)   #756
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They don't "run Toyota" btw, just help out in terms of staff and operations (like testing at Ricard). But Oreca have definitely gotten a lot better over the past 5 years so I would be confident in their product coming good. Plus the season starts a month later and there's no prologue you have to attend. That's actually 2 months later if you wanna get technical!
Yeah I know, it was bit of a simplification but they are still there helping.

I'm sure that the Prologue will be mandatory just like it (and the Test Day) has been for some time now, but obviously force majeure like "car not being ready" have always been options for not taking part.

But since it's a "free" 36 hour test with everybody else around you I certainly think it's something team like Rebellion very much would love to do! IMO it's even more important than making the first race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Not sure it's quite that simple mate. If they are already working at capacity, it's not always possible to reassign/divert personnel and resources to a new project. Consider also that they would want the right people assigned to the project, because their reputation is at stake. They will either want to do it properly, or not at all, and that's understandable. Just my 2p
Yes for Oreca's "capacity", I wrote this couple of years ago already
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=543

They are working so over capacity now (especially now that since that post they've been given de facto monopoly in LMP2 too) that they hardly have time for everything.

The AER modding to the 04/R-One probably wouldn't have taken so long were they not so preoccupied everywhere else already - and this is why I think their projected/prospected LMP1 2018 is in such a so-so stage while other marquees are jumping in. Well except for their French sister Onroak which are similarly over-busied with supplying quasi spec categories