View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3678952)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
edit: I guess a better way to state my question is, what is the point of a tv product? To let the fans seek it out who want to watch? Or to introduce the product to new fans? IMSA always thinks new fans are watching and puts all these segments about racing and tires and such into the broadcast as if new viewers are watching, but then puts the race on an obscure cable channel where only die hard fans will seek it out.
The constant "features" about the race are one of the things I cannot stand about American broadcasting. You're continually bombarded with features about the race you're trying to watch. In reality, it's an advertisement. Continental pay for an advert to be mid broadcast, and they disguise it as a "feature" where they talk about how amazing the tyres are. Then you cut back to the race and the lead has changed and they don't really care.

With TV, the race is simply a vessel to provide advertising space. With streaming, the race is the main feature, and takes priority.