View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2015, 14:41 (Ref:3529322)   #2411
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I don't think it was Toyota disrespecting Porsche. It was two engineers pointing out what they perceive to be a flaw in a rival's system.
Flaw, or weakness?

I've heard that Audi have got it all wrong going diesel before, that Toyota are mad for going for such a large-capacity petrol engine and that Porsche's batteries are a design flaw. All three have won races - and convincingly so.

The "perfect" LMP1 car isn't out there, or if it is, we're miles away from it. Every design is about compromise and that means the three main manufacturers have different strengths and different weaknesses. I'm not sure any of the three have flaws - not in the Nissan sense of the word at least.

I think all three manufacturers will win races this year and all three have a realistic chance of winning Le Mans. Porsche's system may diminish substantially come Sunday at Le Mans, but even if they win by a solitary second, it will mean they've found the best set of compromises mixed with the luck needed to win.