View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3862230)   #54
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
OK, I understand why they do it, but I guess there can be a better solution than "randomly" picking a guy at a "random" moment ? I a dry-wet session this could massively disadvantage the chosen driver.
I agree with that. Whilst it's accepted that it's random, it isn't a particularly fair way of doing it. I'm not sure there's a solution as every series does it the same way.

This way made worse in this very specific case where you have a driver trying to get another qualifying lap in during a time limited session, and a man standing with a traffic cone who then walks towards the car rather than jumps out of the way to save time. There was no sense of urgency, in a situation that should be completed as quick as possible.

But it wouldn't be F1 without a ridiculous situation.

The "refused to turn off his engine" comment is interesting. He brings him forward and tells him to stop. There's a massive difference between not turning off your engine and refusing to turn off your engine. Someone is getting a little over dramatic there.