View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3958005)   #269
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
If you mean Richard Crail then he has the advantage of being enthusiastic but his tiresome habit of describing every driver as a "superstar" or some other equally inane superlative is almost enough for this viewer to switch off.
Spot on.

And the incessant references to Supercars and the Bathurst 1000 was tiresome. You had Matt Campbell and Van Gisburgen running nose to tail with 10mins left after 12 hours and Craill wants to wax lyrical about the time they raced a v8 car together?

And how many times did he roll out the “some guy called Lowndes, have you heard of him? I think he might be fast” or “some guy called Dixon, he might of won a few things, I’m not sure” “haha yeah the boys, did you see what I did there!” So tiresome and someone probably needs to deliver a quiet word to him ASAP. Or better yet get Noonan in there.

There real star of the commentary team was Johnny Palmer, well balanced, informative and not trying to pat himself on the back whilst commentating