View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2021, 23:47 (Ref:4087605)   #251
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I find it odd that several names and vehicles did not appear in what should have been TCR Australia's marquee event.

No Mr D'Alberto, let anyone driving his thing.

ASM seem to have bailed out, with Mr Holdsworth opting not to race, and Mr Hansen taking the other Alfa to MPC until his current-spec Audi RS3 lands.

Mr Clemente was also absent.

MPC's Golf was handed off to Purple Sector for a no-name to plod around, well off the pace.

Next year will be interesting.

Will the King i30 reappear, and do a full season? Mr Brown's title-winning chassis has found a new home.

What of the Astras? Will the individual who bought them, reassemble them, and find an appropriate budget to run them? Lubner in Germany are still persisting with them, however no news of a current-model Astra being developed for TCR.

GRM still has an unused Alfa and Peugeot, and the re-shelled Megane Evo.

Romeo Ferraris has ceased development of the Guilietta, and seemingly Vukovic have done the same with the Megane. PeugeotSport isn't pushing the TCR barrow much these days.

Hyundai has moved on to the Elantra now, with the i30 and Veloster now considered old tech. Will the Morcoms stump up for a couple?

Many of the cars are in dire need of a birthday, and several teams could really look to what's going on overseas in TCR land. Multiple turbo failures over a weekend are rare, and the Michelins fall apart when you overwork them on a warm-ish day.
Enjoyable racing nonetheless.