View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3966969)   #246
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

'Land Rover is set to introduce new mild-hybrid diesel engines to the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport in the coming months, effectively spelling an end to the V8 diesel, Autocar has learned.
It is understood that a 296bhp 3.0-litre MHEV unit, badged D300, will be offered on HSE, HSE Dynamic and Autobiography Dynamic trims [...]

A new, more powerful version of that same engine putting out 345bhp (badged D350) will be available in higher-end trims such as HST.
The data reveals that the new unit puts out 516lb ft of torque, giving a 0-62mph time of 6.5sec and a top speed of 140mph in the Range Rover Sport. It also claims 35.3mpg and emits 210g/km of CO2. These figures are notably improved on the V8 diesel. '
In all fairness does "anyone" really need a vehicle like that ?
Why I say that is I drive around a fair bit here and in Spain and there are speed restrictions on all roads, Most of the UK roads are overcrowded and I normally always get to my destination in the same time as everyone else !

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 26 Mar 2020 at 14:14.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !