View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2007, 09:27 (Ref:2085354)   #3
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was recently back home in Indy and bought this 5 disk set at the airport. It contains highlights of the Indianapolis 500 from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's - $25.
Sounds like a great DVD - what is it called? I'd like to check if a Region 2 version is available for European use.
Quote:
Like this year. That one could really be made into a movie. So many thrilling chapters. Like the main protagonist TK spinning out in T4. Or the youngster who came so close to winning the year before, going upside down. Then the rain came and thanks to team strategy Dario found himself in the lead.
I achieved a lifetimes ambition by attending this years 500, and I am glad to have been to such an exciting, dramatic, historical race. When I told other fans I was going, they all said something along the lines of 'oh you should have gone 10 years ago. The 500 is inferior now. No one in America cares about it'. Well, I found everyone I encountered, from airport staff to taxi drivers incredibly knowledgable and enthusiastic. The race itself was amazing, and perhaps it's profile has slipped in recent years but it was an incredible day and one that I can't wait to repeat.