Old 31 Dec 2007, 17:56 (Ref:2097197)   #66
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David L
I think you may be confusing the Lola Aston Martins of the late 60's with the Nimrods of the early 80's.. The former were, essentially, Mk1 T70's with Aston engines.. 2 or 3 built.. The Nimrods were proto Gp C chassis' built on the lola T600 chassis.. The engines were the same Aston V8's
Pretty sure the Nimrod shared only a small amount in design terms with either car. It was not as simple as a Lola T600 with an Aston motor dropped in, and would be closer to the T70 in concept than the T600 series

It was a great effort, I think James Hunt may have driven the car on its press debut at Goodwood. Shame he never drove it in a race, as I think it would have raised its profile a bit and may have helped to generate much needed cash. The cars made a terrific sound looked great.

Its interesting when you read the Wikipedia site that the EMKA car is reported as the European factory team. As that is clearly wrong I would not rely to much on the info given there.