View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2649973)   #25
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Before we get back on topic, I hope you get the opportunity to make it to Potrero de los Funes come Autumn, or Spring in your case in the Southern Hemisphere. I got my first live taste of GTs (other than SCCA cars) with the ALMS race at Road America in 2007. I even got to see the Lista Maserati MC12 up close.

I'm not sure if official lines were being drawn or not, and it will be hard to know for sure until time has allowed things to pan out a bit more. I think that for the future, perhaps a situation like the WSC/LMP/GT1 set-up might be a decent idea. GT2 could be opened up a bit more. Make the GT1s oeverall contenders by giving them more aero freedom, a bit more power than the LMP1s, and less weight than the normal GTs carry. However, they should have a reasonable silhouette resemblance to a manufacturer's top-end road model(s). Chassis constructors could still build thoroughbred LMPs as coupes or spyders, but I do think the manufacturers would like their top-line racers to have a strong visual tie to their road-going kit.