View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2015, 00:15 (Ref:3572012)   #4
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to meet you Neil

Yeah it was a bit of a non event really.

Crap qually left me with 28th on the grid which put me in the second batch when the red lights went out ie the front lot had disapeared by the time we exited the chicane! Stuck behind a gaggle of Elans I could see Heightswitch ahead but I just couldn't make much headway until he exited stage left in a clound of smoke Saw numerous cars going off ahead of me so had a little warning of the oil down otherwise I would have joined them.

My temps went off the clock sitting on the grid waiting for the re-start (my car doesn't like sitting idling so I switched off as soon as we lined up anyway).

Apparently some people were told that on the re-start there would be a 2 lap pit window, I wasn't, but luckily did make my stop during that window.

Was just about getting back into a rythem when I just about saw the chequered flag in the setting sun.............others didn't, they came blasting passed me on the slow down lap.

Results are weird - cars that I know completed at least 3 laps are listed as having none. Strange

Galaxie shakedown in the Classic K race went ok, no major issues to sort prior to Spa other than a bit of bodywork after being assaulted by a BMW.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang