View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3797850)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

It makes absolutely zero difference to fans, but may make TV scheduling easier - which should have a positive effect overall. I see no issue with it.
Maybe for the few Americans that watch F1 live, but for us in Australia (and worse for those in New Zealand) it means Euro/UK races will now not finish until well after 2.00am (4am in NZ)on the Monday morning.... nice when you have an 8am start at work.

I for one will for the first time in as long as I can remember (30 years+) not be staying up to watch GPs live anymore. I will just record them and watch them Monday night. If I know the result by then I wont even bother with that.

The current show is so poor that all I needed was a good excuse to not bother watching. This is it. Many other Aussie F1 fans I know will now also be cancelling their pay TV subs. I cant see their wish for a few extra US viewers coming close to those they will lose in Australasia and the Far East.