View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3859149)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in fairness, at the start of the season it seemed like Ferrari were letting their two drivers fight equally and SV got out to the much stronger start and lead...in the few races where Kimi did beat SV, Ferrari took a lot of flack for not favoring the driver who had the more points at the time.

anyways, Ferrari made the right call and seemingly it is one that Kimi is more than ok with. he looks (and sounds) like a driver that wants to move on and also one who is probably self aware enough to know that he doesnt want to be the 'lead' driver in a team that is looking more and more like the dysfunctional Ferrari of old.

as for SV being overrated...he is certainly now struggling with self inflicted errors and this season is probably his most disappointing since his last with RB...

to that i would say his current struggles seem worse/magnified by the fact that he was seriously over performing at the beginning of the season imo.

for as many points as he lost through errors surely he has still scored more points than anyone thought he (and the car) would be capable of doing to going into this season. really all the way up to Germany...such is the reality of Merc's dominance and LH's current run of form.