View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2018, 10:41 (Ref:3864965)   #1466
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
The 4th BMR TBL from 2017 was used for the 3rd Motorbase entry for Team Gardex this year,
I notice an error in my previous post - BMR dropped from 3 to 2 TBLs at the time of Price's departure (forgive me 10/10ths for I have sinned).

GardX/Tordoff funding a TBL, given that they had taken a sabbatical the season before, seems hard to understand - but plausible.

The timeline would also fit - as initially Tordoff was testing an Audi S3 in Nov 17, and Motorbase confirmed (at the time of the Jackson press release) that their line up was complete at 2 cars.

Whether GardX/Tordoff took a TBL they owned to Motorbase, or their involvement encouraged Motorbase to acquire a 3rd is unclear at present.

Either way, I see it as no different to Laser Tools having Ciceley support. Or Simpson having Speedworks/TD/Eurotech support. BMR managed to keep hold of two TBLs last season without actually owning a car (or much else in terms of assets it seems).