View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2009, 00:54 (Ref:2373135)   #206
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Who knows what will happen over the next six months with the world economy in such bad shape, let alone by 2011....If those scenarios do occur before the end of the year, I guess you'll just be getting an early Christmas present, mountainstar...
Exactly. God knows. I do keeping hearing via friends more and more people getting let go or facing the chop. I think we'll see some teams go out of business in every series out there. Not to mention tracks. There was one track I was at recently that it appeared to be hurting financially and I just heard about another one having some problems.

I have heard rumors from friends at Honda that Honda wants out the door soon. Whether that happens?? Probably more likely in this climate right now. Nobody saw Honda F1 getting the chop that quickly. If car sales pick back up this year and things calm down some and if some genuine competition in the irl turns up perhaps the chances are better of staying the course.

Maybe I will get an early Christmas present.