View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3787217)   #14
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Why should the social justice warriors and trolls limit the opportunities for women to be involved in the sport?

Glamour attracts glamour, and well presented women bring in more women, all of which is good for motor racing.

Men only environments suck, and anyway of diluting them is good.

Besides you have had all the attractive men in suits, Jean Todt, Bernie, and the Premier of Bananastan clogging up the podiums for years, oh yeah and all the drivers. Don't begrudge us two well turned out women on the podium. They should be allowed to make a living too.

Nobody is saying that F1 and motorsport in general shouldn't try to attract women into the business. What most people with my views believe is that they shouldn't need to be dressed in figure hugging clothes that are designed purely to exaggerate their female attributes. I mean, you didn't and still don't see Claire Williams parading around in Spandex/Lycra, and she is the top women in F1.

The grid/podium girls are there mainly for males to ogle at, just as were/are the girls used to drape across the bonnets of cars at motor shows. And, in my opinion, it has no place in modern society; in fact, it never did have a place. It is just demeaning to women.