View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2021, 00:01 (Ref:4031193)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
I'm not confident of this class flourishing. The only way I see it can is if it's a cost effective stepping stone series. When I say "stepping stone series", I mean straight to F1 and Indycar, not S5000 - GP2/Indy Lights - F1/Indycar.
Early days but without ongoing financial support it's a bit hard to see it flourishing, as you say. Given that the S5000 cars would be slower than current F3, then going straight to F1 unlikely although Indycar might be possible for a driver with money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
11 cars at symmonds
the cars look and sound great and are fast.
They look (and definitely sound) better than f1.
I think my neighbour's Victa sounds better than current F1!

Not personally convinced about S5000 yet - but we've had so few race meetings with them taking part due to Covid so we'll all be able to get a better idea of what they're really like this year (hopefully).