View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2782082)   #14
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes i've been trying to find out more about the entry for the '83 German GP supporter. A programme/racecard would be extremely useful!

Just touching on theCharlie O'Brien 635 mentioned in earlier posts, it's referred to in the Bathurst annual as ex Sytner (we know this) but that it was also an ex BMW GB car. I'm assuming this would be one of the ex CC cars that Sytner acquired at the end of 1984?. Can't recall what we identified but that CC had 3 with Sytner possibly buying them all, then selling one onto Mike Newman, one going to France and the other to Charlie?
Yes, that rings a bell. From memory, I think the conclusion we reached in the 635 thread CC/BMW GB had 3 cars as you said- 2x RHD race cars, and a LHD spare (think this was a very early car, ex-Eggenberger?) which were all sold to Sytner at the end of 84.

Frank kept his existing car for the BTCC, and sold the 3 BMW GB cars on at various times in the year- Mike Newman and Charlie O'Brien had the two race cars and the LHD T-Car went to Europe- France or Belgium I think. I'm guessing the O'Brien car didn't reach Australia until the autumn in time for Bathurst, as Sytner was able to run a pair of 635s at both the Donington ETC round and the TT.
Weren't there a couple of other 635s in NZ with Sytner history?