View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3771830)   #8
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The correct answer was green as the question was what colour is my green jumper.

Way back when I applied for my original race licence the original test was the multi coloured dot and number one as proposed now, and I was unable to reach the required standard. My GP at the time also attended race meetings in a professional capacity and I remember him contacting the RAC, as it was at the time, on my behalf pointing out that although I could not reach the required standard of the official test, my colour vision was adequate to recognise the required flags. Following this the requirement was changed to the current simple colour recognition in the blue book.

I'm sure I was not alone with this and I can only see, as mentioned previously, a lot of early retirements and loss of revenue to the MSA. When will they stop putting obstacles in the form of rule changes in the way of competitors every year and instead think of helping and retaining them.