Old 27 Sep 2018, 15:00 (Ref:3852976)   #3
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
Yes Knockhill does still have a rallycross section.
It was last used for a promotional thing for Knockhill and something else, sorry I can't remember what.
If I remember correctly Oliver Bennet did some laps and you had to beat him on a computer simulation of the course.
It was around the time of the Autosport International Show back in January.

As for proper rallycross returning to Knockhil, I dodn't see it happening in the near future.
The southern based competitors say it is too far to travel, and a hike in venue hire made in impossible to run a meeting there without making a huge loss.

It's a shame really because the loose section was brilliant. Proper loose surface, very flowing, and there even was a jump at the end of it
It is a shame, Knockhill looked like an excellent track for rallycross -- and in an area without many alternatives it seems. My wife's parents live in Scotland and she has wanted to move there for years, I've always brushed it off but my job is contract work and our contract is ending next year and I've begun to look into it. Racing is my #1 hobby, and I do really like Rallycross -- it's not like Sprint Car racing which I currently do, but looks just as fun or more so. But Scotland seems to be completely devoid of Rallycross without regular events at Knockhill it seems -- I'm not much for traditional circuit racing, and not sure that I'd be very good at it either