View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2019, 22:21 (Ref:3882860)   #41
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Aaah, Colin is in trouble with his RV. Sorry, didn't understand. May be you can look for a conflict between the wiper motor and the overdrive switch; I've heard about that once. Or twice. If not, remove some water from the rad to avoid any leak and add some water to the battery because you never know…

I have a suggestion for you but guess you won't like it… Anyway, they must be grown up adults if they've survived! Was your garage located in Essex?

Hehe. The engine technology involved was probably comparable ...

I did hear another story related to a Bedford CF.

A large American family arrived in England for a holidy and picked up a rented Bedford CF based family sized mini-bus as a hire car. They drove from London to somewhere north for about 200 miles and looked around for an office for the car hire company providing the rental to complain the the vehicle would not do more than 40 mph and was very noisy.

The staff were most puzzled by that and could not replicate the problem - until they realised that the driver thought the vehicle was an automatic and had driven all the way in second gear.

I'm not entirely certain that this is a true story but it would not surprise me if it was.