View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2019, 20:36 (Ref:3920307)   #641
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I enjoyed the race.

Like may others, I don't think the number of cars was a problem, that was more due to the weather and the stupid 'bunch-up-the-field' thing.

You're absolutely right.

While the regular commentator team was away, one of the interim guys (Martin Haven I think) said wht he thought about the system. I suppose he didn't need to be politically correct ulike the regular commentary team. He also said teams didn't like it.

While I am at it: IMO the quality of the commentary team went up while the regulars were away. Martin haven is so much better than John Watson, even though he sometimes had difficulties identifying some driver-team combinations.
Not all combinations were as good as others though (Watson/Varsha was about the worst, but Haven + Ryan Myhren was as good as it got)
Myhren was excellent as pit lane reported, as was the other guy that replaced him when he went to assist Haven. As opposed to Dakota, they know how to conduct an interview and dig a bit deeper to get interesting answers.

If only we could get those on a regular basis ...

Can we all just Agee its time for Watson to retire now?