View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3722432)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ian,

What you need is what I had to do. I had to find documentary evidence in the form of magazine articles with pictures, to demonstrate that the car ran as it is now.

The Blue Book provides the basics for the permitted mods but it doesn't specify what parts you can use thus whilst it says you can change the carb as long as there are no more chokes, I had to demonstrate that the IDA was what the Rover ran in period. Oddly enough it was a French magazine from that time that had the proof.

There may also be issues where we want to run what is homologated but was never run on the car. It would comply with the period regs but would not meet, as I understand it, the App K requirements for the car to run as in period. And here I'm talking about the particular car not the model. If you build a replica to the regs then as long as you aren't trying to make it a copy of the original car I suspect you can use the homologated parts. Again I'm somewhat uncertain here.

It's not an easy task by any means and in this respect the FIA deserves a pat on the back for listening to those of us who enjoyed this period and have now provided a means for us to get the cars recognized. Believe me I know the pain some of them have gone through to get this to where it is right now.