View Single Post
Old 20 May 2018, 09:28 (Ref:3823516)   #11
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would definitely recommend a trip. I would recommend the paddock ticket over a normal one, as much as anything because it gives you useful shortcuts and some extra viewing spots. I've only known them check on Saturday / Sunday.

Specifically you can access above the pits, both F1 and old. They are both great views, and the former a useful spot when it rains. Personally I always like to make a visit to the restaurant overlooking the final chicane, its not the cheapest (e18 or so for a buffet) but its a stunning view and I must admit, the comfy seats and drinkable coffee was just what I needed at 7am on Sunday last year.

I would echo poster 2, basically no where at Spa is flat, everywhere is up and down and you'll end up walking miles. All the grandstands are free, and apart from the start of the race, you wont have any trouble getting in them. Equally keep an eye for the fireworks about 11pm on Saturday.

Compared to somewhere like Silverstone, its light years better as circuit experience. Its easy to walk round, albeit long, and there are loads of proper photo gaps in the fence to watch from.

The only place you cant watch from, unless I'm missing something, is Campus and Stavelot, the path goes from Fagnes, under the circuit to the outside of Courbe Paul Frere