View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3931726)   #22
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSM View Post
I think some let their anti-Plato sentiment rule their opinion over this...

I admit Shedden was never my favourite driver in the series, but he was just as likely to put someone off as Plato, if not more so (as Turkington seemed to find out on numerous occasions that year, if I recall correctly).
That is absolutely untrue. At the final race at Brands Hatch, Jason drove into the back of Shedden 3 times in a single race. Under the 3 strike rule, Jason should've started at the back of the grid in Race 2. He was not penalised - because that would've ruined the championship battle.

We're talking about what's fair, whilst rules were ignored and drivers were told not to get in the way of the title battle. Let's be realistic here.

I understand the sentiment of not liking letting drivers though. However, in the wider picture, it absolutely fits with the BTCC narrative, and it absolutely fits with how rules were completely ignored to allow the title battle to continue.