View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1435306)   #41
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The trouble with motor racing is that it is very difficult, if not impossible, to seperate the driver from the car he's in. How do we know that Schumi is different from last year? How would FA or Kimi fare in this years Ferrari? The answer is we simply don't know.

However, all things considered, and taking into account the equipment at their disposal, I would rate Fernando as 1st.

For me, Kimi has made far too many errors for a guy purporting to be a top world class driver, far too many mistakes. So, in second place, I'd have to think long and hard to seperate Michael from DC. I reckon I'd place Michael 2nd 'cos of his record, DC third 'cos I think he's done a terrific job with the equipment and facilities at his disposal. Then Kimi, then perhaps Montoya.

After that, its all much of a muchness, and I can see little point in trying to seperate a bunch of guys who really and truly, haven't done a good job.

I'm sure someone may be able to change my mind, but really, all the rest have underperformed, in my view.