View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2020, 10:53 (Ref:4017206)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'm glad it was a different race, it made a welcome change to a normal race.
For me - this is why it was ok to watch as a race that wasn't normal, but eventually if it was like this every week it wouldn't be as good to watch.

I know a lot of people watch F1 (in part) for the spectacle of cars being at the limit of performance and pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

In other threads (and not to rake over the arguments) people criticise races when the result is about 'managing' something. Whether that is the life of the tyres, or the fuel saving etc. Many put forward the case that they want drivers to be at 100% at all times.
The conditions this weekend meant that it was a very difficult situation to drive under, and many were having to give 100%, but in a different way.

Is short-shifting and cornering wide from the apex more fun to watch because it is done due to track conditions, as opposed to fuel-saving and tyre preservation?
As an exception to the normal I would say yes - but as a standard way to drive an F1 car then I would say no.