View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3694268)   #29
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I do not agree with you, I would like to see GTE much faster than now, In the overall fight or even at the level of the LMP2.
The overall fight between LMP and GT cars in the 1990's was fantastic and the fight between LMP1 and LMP2 in the ALMS was fantastic too.
I would like to see overall categories fights again.
I think you misinterpreted me a little bit. I do agree with you 100% but I am not sure you can raise GTE or GT3 cars to the level of the DPI/2017 LMP2 levels though. The 2016 LMP2's perhaps. But since that is not the case anymore and due to the fact that IMSA and WEC does not have a PC or P3 to worry about anymore. Then lets not go over the top and try to stabilize both GTE/LM and GTD for the rest of the decade.

But yeah remember the 2015 Petit Le Mans when the rain was the great equalizer. We saw genuine battles on track between GTLM and DP's and it that got me so pumped. I was hoping that IMSA would take a queue from that and let the classes get closer together in speed for 2016 but that did not happen. I think all of us who watched that day were cheering for a GT car to win and they did!