View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3849616)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
First, I'd like to thank you for causing the little journey I took to reach my destination. The stops along the way for tangents made it all worthwhile.

Not knowing the criterion/criteria you employed for your assertion, I'll assume you're correct re: "surviving" ('til now, I assume).

After reading your post I decided to take a stroll down memory/history lane and come up with my own stats.

In order of number of years constructing, ties broken by number of races (which is really meaningless since the teams ran in seasons that varied in number of races but what the hey, 'hadda use something), my top eleven ('woulda been ten 'cept Ligier slipped in with a tie) of duration of participation:

1) Ferrari 69 years/963 races

2) McLaren 53/835

3) Williams 43/716

4) Lotus 43/606

5) Tyrrell 29/430

6) Brabham 23/394

7) BRM 23/197

8) Renault 22/355

9) Sauber 21/366

10) Minardi 21/340

11) Ligier 21/326
Interesting stats. Just a couple of things, I was looking up some info on BRM and they raced in F1 from 1951 - 1977, so 26 years and with this business of Kimi going to Sauber, they made their F1 debut at the 1993 South African GP, so 25 years for them.