View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3849659)   #44
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Interesting stats. Just a couple of things, I was looking up some info on BRM and they raced in F1 from 1951 - 1977, so 26 years and with this business of Kimi going to Sauber, they made their F1 debut at the 1993 South African GP, so 25 years for them.
BRM did not participate the whole season of '75 (missing 4), raced only once in '76, and only twice in '77. For me, that's not participating for the year. Sauber did not participate in the years 2006-'10 as "Sauber". During those years, the team was called "BMW Sauber" so in my research, stats for those years were not credited to Sauber itself. And I was not looking for "BMW Sauber" as I still don't recall calling it that.
Anywho, splitting hairs once again (tho' these are rather thick ones...) so go ahead and move it up to sixth on my list if you'd like. I promise not to be offended.

Last edited by jimclark; 12 Sep 2018 at 16:44.

jimclark