View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2011, 04:28 (Ref:2998273)   #1257
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Thanks for clearing that up.......
Apart from the racing side of things being separate entities from the manufacturing and sales of their cars, what about the two Porsche employees who are in the inner sanctum of Audi racing at the moment, ie, Messrs Bernhard and Dumas. Surely they must be sharing some of their knowledge with their primary employer, and I am not suggesting anything underhanded, just a sharing of the know-how between the fellow VAG team mates. Even with Audi's talk of their future plans, I hold the belief that they will be leaving LMP racing before Porsche return in 2014.

My apologies if my explanation is confusing, but a look at the current holding structure (my next post) should make it less so.

Bernhard and Dumas are being loaned by Porsche to Audi at the request of Audi and the drivers.
Secondly : it is not like Porsche has absolutely no know-how in LMP racing. Not that long ago, their LMP2 was giving the LMP1's (Diesels) something to think about on the short circuits.
It is also rumored that Porsche let the Audi engineers have a "good look" around their aborted LM2000 car before Audi developed their R8 as part of the agreement for VAG co-developing the Cayenne, This took place way before the Porsche-VAG tie in. Those that know Porsche and its history, will know that there has always been strong ties and deals with VAG. (
shared parts on the 356, Porsche 914, Cayenne, the Porsche+Audi American commercial deal, etc)
Also - When it was agreed that Dumas and Bernhard be loaned to Audi, there were no plans for a Porsche LMP1 entry.
Finally, I suspect the 2014 rules may render much of their "gained" know how obsolete.
There are always drivers changing teams in racing. This is nothing new.

Last edited by Spyderman; 11 Dec 2011 at 04:57.