View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2019, 13:40 (Ref:3920540)   #160
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Paint designed to withstand pigeon-poo as opposed to seagull-poo?
Suspension designed to withstand pot-holes as opposed to stones?
Body protection designed to withstand supermarket trolleys rather than logs?

Or, tyres and wheels that are thinner to reduce rolling resistance, rather than to give grip.......
That was my first thought there, extra 2" for pothole and speed bump (sleeping policeman) clearance. Or for those idiots who can't reverse, park, understand curb height, etc and keeps the front valence and doors above the curbs?

And is anything funnier than the i3's wheels that look like they robbed a beach cruiser bicycle? Can't help but wonder how many accidents no grip in the rain, without proper training and slowing for conditions like I see so often, these low resistance tires will be partly to blame.

Now the body panel protection I have seen on US cars in the past, and wasn't a bad idea. However, they closed down Saturn and few took on the plastics in manufacturing. And the old school door trim strips mess with the design "features" and creases so of course they have to go. And bird dirt resistant paint, along with honey dew and scale dripping, would be GREAT and worth its weight in gold.