Thread: LM24 Your Le Mans Playlist
View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2016, 14:04 (Ref:3610536)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Usually opt for a mixture of atmospheric indie/alternative rock or electronic music like Deerhunter, Jamie XX, later Arctic Monkeys, M83 etc. I'm usually the driver so I insist on music that I can chill to for the boring parts of the journey.

Some songs remind me of Le Mans before I've even listened to them there, which is strange - but I guess that some songs just have that something. The Cribs - City of Bugs is one of those.

But for any journey over 90 minutes long in a Fiat Panda crammed with 20-somethings and cheap camping equipment, an eclectic music playlist is vital for the sanity of the on-board crew. So while I get to listen to my more calming stuff during the long stretches of motorway where my passengers doze, for the last hour of the journey there or when driving around the circuit during the week, the good people of La Sarthe have been treated to an expansive musical journey via the Fiat Panda's surprisingly loud speakers.

So in recent years, artists such as Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Enya, Peter Gabriel, Crowded House, Ice Cube, Johnny Cash and Matt Monro have had the honour of making it on to my Le Mans playlist.

Some might say you haven't live until you've driven down the Mulsanne Straight on a sunny June afternoon with Orinoco Flow blasting out of the open windows of an under-powered city car.