View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2576285)   #40
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wilson View Post
I have a few detailed photos I took of the RAS 242 Turbo at the Silverstone ETCC race circa 1986 I think. I recall being shouted at when I was found by the team virtually under the car taking photos of the suspension! Would anyone be interested in seeing them? I can't post them for a while though, as I need to buy a new scanner.

I was heavily into Volvo 4 cylinder turbo engines and 240's for some years.
Hi Chris, Yes please, I'm sure we'd be interested whenever you get a chance to scan them.... As I think I've said before in the thread, the Volvos were always the Group A cars I knew least about at the time- they always seemed that bit more exotic because we only ever saw them when the European teams came over for the ETCC rounds.

I'm not surprised the RAS guys weren't too happy about someone with a camera taking such a close interest in the cars- didn't they lose a couple of results that year because of something dodgy on the car?(illegal fuel I think, rather than the actual car itself being bent) They probably thought you were working for Tom Walkinshaw....

Last edited by KA; 5 Nov 2009 at 11:28.