View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2018, 16:48 (Ref:3829705)   #5740
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
One thing that I do find interesting is that the ACO are still targeting approx 3:20 lap times at LM. However, the new cars might be getting a 100-150bhp power boost, but the cars are also proposed to weigh nearly 100kg more than the current Toyota LMP1s.

One does answer the question of how to make up for going from 8MJ to 5MJ max for hybrids, but how much will a 100-150kg weight gain slow the cars along with aero changes?

Regardless, I do see these cars being somewhat slower than the current cars (by how much, I don't know and we can only guess), though I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing with all the offs we've had already this week.

I do think that all classes can lose a few seconds in lap time around LM, and it probably won't effect the racing.