View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3829726)   #5742
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I can see we're already arguing over details, despite the lack of such details.
Funnily enough, that was part of the point I was trying to make, but as I once again made the mistake of debating while exhausted I can see when looking over my posts with my now-alert and awake mind that I utterly failed to make that clear.

Quote:
I think the idea looks fine. It isn't just LMPs with some funny lights like some said it'd be. To be honest, it looks like they're aiming at the P4/5 and SCG003C style.
Which makes me quite happy. I always said that the basic LMP design should look somewhat like the SGC003 - all the aero trends of current cars but with a cockpit that actually looks like a two-seater.

Quote:
Hydrogen may not be the future for road cars, but it will allow race cars to retain the noise. I'm all for that.

I think hydrogen has a bigger future for roadcars than people think. Did you know you can actually plug a tank of hydrogen into a modern engine and it will run? The cars aren't MEANT to do it, and as a result it's not exactly efficient or, more importantly, SAFE, but it will run.

Seriously, I cannot emphasize enough how UNSAFE the idea is. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT TRY IT AT HOME IF YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT!!!!!

Producing hydrogen on a wide enough scale to fuel cars on the needed level is the only real hurdle that needs to be overcome. Get over that and it's only a matter of time before enough companies see the benefits to start investing in the infrastructure and cars specifically designed to run on it..

Electric cars have limitations when it come to long-distance travel. There's going to need to be something for that sort of use in addition to pure electric city runabouts.

Quote:
Let's call it GTP.
No. LMGTP

Last edited by FormulaFox; 15 Jun 2018 at 18:48.