View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3969883)   #14
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
You make it sound like it was all Schumacher's doing. I think his results at Ferrari would have been a far different story had Ferrari not employed the likes of Byrne and Brawn etc to design build and develop such quick cars.

In the same way as I think it was you that suggested in another post that Hamilton should go to Haas to 'do a Schu'. Put Hamilton in last year's Haas and I doubt he would have got a podium, let alone wins and a title. The car is far more of the result than the driver these days.
Actually, Byrne and Brawn joined Ferrari one year after Schumi. The 96 car was ever worse than the 95 one, nevertheless Schumi would win three races, more than Ferrari did in the previous five seasons put together. Of course they wouldn't have become title contenders in 97 already without Byrne and Brawn, but Schumacher definitely did more developing than Hamilton.

On Hamilton at Haas we agree, it may turn out to be the same as Hamilton's 2nd McLaren journey.