View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2011, 13:21 (Ref:2892823)   #3
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for setting out your position so clearly, Jason. I didn't make it to rainy Oulton, but that meant I did get to see your post race interview - and I'm sure everyone watching on ITV4 could see that what you said came from the heart.

I think one of the key elements of your argument is this - if TOCA hadn't claimed there would be parity, then there wouldn't be a problem. The issue is that they did claim exactly that, and are now hiding when it turns out not to be the case.

I've seen the argument that it only appears to be Team Honda who have a race changing advantage - to the extent that it makes me wonder what they're doing that other teams aren't (don't worry, I don't expect you to answer that! ) - but it doesn't take a genius to realise how the Vectras are also doing so well ... with no disrespect to the talents of Nash and Jordan who are both excellent peddlers.

I have no fundamental argument against there being two classes of car in BTCC. But if that's the case, let's have some honesty from TOCA!