View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3870523)   #66
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
There are some quite stupid issues to be dealt with though. The third commentator, with the American accent, was absolutely worthless. He added nothing and was so out of place that he sounded like a soundboard. It was like the old F1 95 game with Murray Walker, where events would trigger pre-recorded sounds. He kept talking over major events that were happening too.
I tend to agree. Mr Varsha was a fixture, and a good one, when F1 was on the old SPEED channel in the US (from what I've seen, which isn't much) and the Hobbs/Matchett/Varsha triplet made for good TV.

He just doesn't fit into the pairing of Nicholls and Franchitti, who work really well together. If he was in there more frequently rather than just popping up at random he'd probably be less grating.

Quote:
Oddly, there's too much information in other places. We went to a FCY and the whole screen flashed yellow as the words FULL COURSE YELLOW went over it one by one in a way that felt like I was about have a seizure. Let's reign in the graphics just a little bit!
BIG GRAPHIC FOR NON EXISTENT RULE DECISION KLAXON

Someone dropped a clanger there

Quote:
Overall, massive step up.
Indeed.