View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2017, 18:49 (Ref:3774707)   #84
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The IGTC is only 1.5 years old. This is the first running of the Laguna Seca event, and Sepang is being shifted to Suzuka. I'm not sure what people really expected (other than maybe a little more cars), but it's a bit harsh to say it's not working. Moving the event to COTA just guarantees it'll fail, rather than giving it a fighting chance.

Is having a white line in the pit lane that the teams step over a big deal? Works everywhere else, it just changes what's behind the team members backs. That way you get consistent rules throughout.

I know everyone was a little disappointed with car count (me included), but otherwise the event seemed fine for a first running of an event in only the second year of a series.
Yeah, a spinning car with a wall to your back means you can get pinned between the car and wall, instead of getting more room to move about into a garage.