Thread: Brabham BT21
View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2016, 12:28 (Ref:3694485)   #496
mikestow
Rookie

mikestow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brabham BT21#46

Looking through this thread on the BT21,I cant find out what ever happened to my Ex Ian Walker Team Celerity Brabham BT21 which I bought off Mike Cornwall ,through MRE,in early 1969.As per this thread it was Chassis no46,which replaced #19 which was tragically written off.I was buying a new BT28,which Graham Coaker was arranging with MRD for me to have cheaper partly unfinished,as he could get it stove enamelled plus get all the suspension cadplated etc.I therefore let him drive this car at the last Silverstone GP Circuit F3 Race that year,which was his last F3 race,having sold his own BT21B to Bert Hawthorne.He had become Production Director at MARCH,so had effectively retired from racing himself.Having received my BT28 around September 69,the BT21 was sold to MRE,after which I lost contact with it??It was modded to BT21B spec top radius arm position,and had special drive shafts that had spiggot bullets that fitted inside the doughnuts to locate the hardy spicer centrally and made for a much quicker in and out of the gearbox/doughnut couplings.It may have gone abroad ,but records of this time as non existant now from Jim Gleave,who ended up running MRE.Any ideas???