View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2271781)   #66
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
Nevertheless I would like to see them removed, you cant really balance engines with such a different touque over rpm curve from my point of view. If one starts using diesel in LMP2 and has a performance advantage, everybody else has to develop diesel solutions too. That makes P2 even for expensive than it is today with the RS Spyder ....
I wouldn't mind that much if they're left out, just think the A.C.O. likes to keep them in (why add them otherwise?). You say can't balance engines with such a different torque curve, well that's pretty much what I tried to do. I gave the petrols less weight with a better peak power to weight ratio. Possibly with slightly more room to shift weight. The diesels on the other hand have a fuller power curve (more torque) and better mileage.

Different tracks will give different cars an edge, but I think if you leave politics out experts would be well able to create a balanced rule book.

BTW, I tried to make the rules such that weight wise, a chassis can (with modifications) work with any of the listed engines, be it LMP1 or 2, diesel or petrol, free or homologated.

Last edited by Taxi645; 19 Aug 2008 at 19:55.