View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2010, 21:55 (Ref:2631734)   #54
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
My point too, but lacking the words.

Eggenberger Motorsport seemed to be a relative prolific car builder during the Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth days that followed in a few years, and looking at the numbers of CiBiEmme Sport BMW 635CSi in former BMW Italia-colours racing alongside the Swiss Volvos would suggest that a fair few of these were build too. But how many Volvos were build for and during 1985? I have seen no reference to Eggenberger Volvos being ex-something or for that matter that later Volvos were ex-Eggenberger. Did RAS Sport build their own cars - they had little time to do so as I understand it - or was this rejigged Eggenberger cars, as an example.

Hope this question will get things back on track

Jesper
Good questions. By my reckoning there were something like 4 Volvo's built for '85, one was badly trashed early in the season and another car later in the year IIRC?

I also have a vague suspicion that the cars may actually have been 'owned' by Volvo and that at least 2 of them formed the backbone of the '86 RAS attack? Need this clarifying though.