View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2020, 16:06 (Ref:3980507)   #7510
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even though this is probably just the very first step in the slow progress towards modern performance balancing in F1, I still wish something like this, applied to LMP standards, had been implemented to the successor of LMP1, instead of what is being pushed LMH/LMDH. What Wolff says here makes more sense than what the ACO heads have said since... I don't even remember when, 2017 or 2018

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...eball-bat-move

Quote:
"I am a fan of the meritocracy of F1, the best man and best machine wins," said Wolff when asked by Autosport. "And this is how it always was, no gimmicky stuff like in some other sports, where the show people have added components that have diluted the sport. I hate any kind of balance of performance. It becomes a political game and a political world championship, and has no place in F1."

"What has been introduced with the new ATR is a possibility for the lowered ranked teams to slowly creep back in terms of development scope to where the leading teams are. It's tiny percentages every year so that's not going to make a big difference from one year to the other, but it's going to balance the field out after a few years."

Last edited by Deleted; 6 Jun 2020 at 16:17.