View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2021, 20:19 (Ref:4026487)   #50
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Back in the old days, the one of the worst years for snow for us in North London would be 1967 or 68. I still lived at home, and when I got up to go to work, all I could see of my Hillman Imp was the top 6 inches of the car and the roof' and that was not drift, but just how much snow had fallen overnight. Instead of a twenty minute drive into work, I walked to the nearest tube station, went into Central London to get a train back out to Tottenham - buses weren't running; all of which took about 3 hours.

Whilst at work I walked along to my friendly car accessory shop and purchased a set of chains, which I fitted the next morning as that was the only way that I could have driven to work, the roads still being snow covered. And for my sins, I had to take my father and a neighbour to their work as they couldn't drive. That was the first time that I have ever known for my father to not go to work, apart from holidays - he had plenty of those!