View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3858710)   #64
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Fair play to you.

If you can maintain an interest now after watching in those freer times I applaud you, and wonder at your sanity.

I lack the enthusiasm to floow a lot of stuff I once did, mainly through the way the sport is run, the tv money, the way series are hailed then pulled down by manufacturers. It is just disappointing.

I watch less stuff than I did because of this, but tend to watch things away from the norm, as you say, things away from circuit racing mainly. Stage rallying and especially single venue stuff has been utterly ruined as a casual spectator sport, even things like autograss, once the haven of ingenuity are now often identikit cars racing round a field.

it is tough ti find stuff in the UK, I wish I could be arsed to travel more in Europe, Berg Cup, stage rallying in germany, France, Holland, Belgium are all so much more accessible, friendly than over here.

I guess that's the answer, I think my interest in UK motorsport is at al all time low, I find most of it puts me off for the reasons you know, and I find it staggering that other people seem to think its amazing.

Its as simple as that.

And you've made your point cleverdick, leave it at that eh.
My sanity is perfectly OK thank you, it's yours I worry about being so thouroughly miserable and negative about everything all the time.

And as for "cleverdick" insult - that just about sums your level up. I'd put you on ignore, but it would ruin the flow of some threads.